No matter what people say, playing a sport competitively is always more fun than playing recreationally. No one likes to lose so competition increases application and work levels and contrary to what you may think, it is possible to play competitive football and keep your weekends!! Our five a-side leagues can give you that competitive buzz without taking up a huge amount of your free time!!
- When can you play?
At KIKOFF Fraser Park, we run leagues from Monday to Thursday. The first kick off is at 6:30pm and the last is at 9:30pm- plenty of time to finish up at work and get yourself down to our Marrickville centre. If this is not easily accessible, we also run leagues at Heffron Park, Maroubra, on Tuesday and Thursday nights.
- What is the standard like?
We have something for everyone!! We run three divisions so no matter what level you are at, there is a competition for you:
- Division 1 is competitive with a generally high standard. This is recommended for teams who are reasonably fit and have a decent level of experience on the football pitch. The teams in division 1 are often made up of 11 a-side teams who are looking for extra game time so it is not for the faint hearted.
- Division 2 is also pretty competitive! The standard too is good, especially on a Tuesday and Thursday when there are no division 1 competitions. I would recommend registering for a division 2 competition if you have played a decent amount of football and have maybe had a bit of time off- the gap between the top two divisions is not huge!
- Division 3 is still competitive but the standard drops quite a bit from division 2. This is not to say there are no good teams in this division- there are plenty- but the fitness levels required to play here are lower which sees the average age of player rise slightly.
- What else do you need to know?
All of our games are officiated
Each game consists of two 18minute halves
Each game costs just $90
Finals night is free of charge
You can register up to 15 players in your team
All registered players are covered by our insurance in the event of an injury
- How do you register?
Registering for our five a-side leagues is pretty straightforward and can be done online via our website- www.kikoff.com.au